- Consensus on good management practices for maintaining and enhancing environmental resources while fostering a more equitable economic situation to all.
- Documentation of the state-of-the-art of adopting a nexus approach to the management of water, soil and waste.
- Documentation of knowledge gaps on trade-offs and synergies covering bio-physical and governance dimensions with potential to advance the nexus approach to management of water, soil and waste resources.
- Identification of priorities for research, education and policy advice related to the above listed questions.
- Identification of individual and institutional capacity requirements for the implementation of the nexus approach at various spatial scales.
- Definition of indicators and required data and information describing the benefits of a nexus approach and their relevance for addressing.
- Exploration of synergy potentials of a nexus approach to managing water, soil and waste by evaluating case studies and best practice examples in terms of research and implementation.
- Identification of needs for creating incentives and removing barriers to unlock the potential of a green economy.
- Identification of appropriate strategies for implementation of a nexus approach considering various temporal and spatial scales.